Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Venturing Forth

It's time to see what blogging is like.  Not that I'm a Luddite, but like many in my age category, I can wax  nostalgic about face to face communication.--until I remember that, as a fundamentally shy individual, I'm actually not very good at face to face.  Sometimes even the simplest conversation can suddenly become a minefield where I say the wrong thing to the wrong person.  Or if not a minefield then an awkward, stumbling embarrassment.

On the other hand, I consider myself a not bad to pretty good writer.  Generating text can be somewhat slow but tinkering and revising are my strengths.  I hope that by blogging, I can gain a little of my old fluency back.  This is indeed an exercise in moving quickly from brain to fingers to screen, following the sentence as it flows, watching it pour itself out until hitting the full stop of the period.

and then I realize, oh no, conclusions are difficult to write in blogs too

No comments:

Post a Comment